I hope that you have had an awesome and amazing weekend! This past week was truly bliss for me because the weather was SO wonderful, and I got to spend my Tuesday, Thursday, AND Saturday in the sun with many of you! Thank you for coming out to celebrate the coming of Fall. J This coming week we have one special fruit that will be arriving in all of our boxes, and I cannot wait to share the surprise! Although we will have TONS of more dates coming in…it is not dates! Ha! You didn’t think I was going to tell you, did you?!?
I want to make sure that I announce to everyone that this coming weekend is Halloween! Therefore, I want to invite everyone to dress up on either Thursday or Saturday for co-op! Bring your kids to sort, and we will have the best time! I will be dressing up, and I am excited to hand out organic apples to all of my little trick-or-treators! Also, if you are looking for something fun to do this Halloween with your families, the Houston Arboretum is having an all-day event called the ArBOOretum!
This coming week, we will have about 7 new varieties of dates coming! Many were shocked last week when I mentioned that there are dozens of varieties of dates! They are one of the best ingredients to use to make holiday dishes (or simply to satisfy that sweet tooth!). The varieties will be the jumbo barhi, the barhi, Medjool, honey, halawi, desert jems, khadrawy, and possibly some sugar sticks! Oh, and don’t forget that we will have more pomegranates and pie pumpkins on the table as well!
If you are nervous about this week or overwhelmed with all that you have going on, don’t be! This week is a week to celebrate and have fun! It is our last week of October, so lettuce enjoy it as much as possible! Take deep breaths and just know that everything will work out perfectly. Get excited! If you are having a hard time pumping yourself up, here is a list of the top ten reasons why I love Halloween!
- Halloween kicks off the holiday season! From this point on, it’s one long celebration until Christmas time!
- The weather is absolutely calming, warming, gorgeous, and enigmatic.
- There are tons of holiday shows, plays, and events in which to participate downtown or in the Houston Green Scene.
- You see so many people reveling outside at this time of year, sharing recipes, walking dogs, riding bikes, and chasing after kids! It’s officially running season, so I don’t feel so out of place running everywhere all of the time!
- Pumpkins and fall décor line up at nearly every doorstep.
- You get to decorate and carve pumpkins!
- The dates are in now in season, so you can make tons of raw pies and raw holiday treats!
- Fall fruits and veggies like pomegranates, persimmons, dates, pears, heirloom tomatoes, golden beets, collards, and other yummies will soon be available if they aren’t already!
- This is one of the weeks during the year where you are allowed to dress up in your favorite super-hero spandex and individuals will love you for it!
- I now get to spend three days out of my week co-operating and getting to know each of you! This brings so much joy to my heart, and I am so blessed to be able to share it all with you!
Hope to see you out this week for some Halloween fun!!!